1.We are using a Leightronix Nexus video server
2.We have a high-speed internet connection and regularly download programs from PEGmedia.org and others
3.We are certainly open to receiving programs from other stations, we would just need to get a sponsor from a resident/person who works or goes to school in SH/organization that serves the SH community
1. We have a Tightrope Server
2. We can download programming with a cable business connection
3. Outside shows need to be sponsored by an Athol or Orange resident. However, we will air programming from other centers that are beneficial to our viewers.
1. We have a TelVue/Princeton Server
2. We have a cable business connection (2meg)
3. We also allow outside shows as long as the show is sponsored by a WPA member (anyone can become a WPA member)
I believe that anyone who is a MassAccess member can use the TelVue Sharing server but there are questions of cost in the future. - (Al, is that still the case?)
1. Use a Leightronix Nexus video server
2. Have a high speed internet connection
3. Allow shows produced outside the community. Producers must become members of NCTV and sponsor those shows or have a different member sponsor them.
Is there any interest in setting up a Western Mass FTP server? This could be a members-only service (likely an annual fee to help pay for the server costs) with a few terabytes of storage for e-bicycling interesting local programs.
I know that TelVue has an FTP server and each customer has a folder, but the folders aren't organized by state, and I don't think everyone in western Mass is a TelVue customer.
Anyway, it was just a thought I had. Perhaps something already exists and this is a moot point.
And just to be clear, even though I did set up this WesternMassAccess.net website, I do not have the ability to host such an FTP server. This is not a business interest question. I'm merely interested in sharing programming via the net.